Monday, November 14, 2011

Sister-n-law lied about my brother hurting her....?

Ok, back in July my brother and his wife got into an argument while drinking at their home. His wife ran to the police station and told them that he had strangled her. She had "marks" on her neck and everything so they took her to the hospital. They arrested my brother for domestic battery, battery, and strangulation. A month later she had went to the prosecutor in our county and requested that the protective order be dropped because her and my brother wanted to get back together. (ok we all thought WTF). But she had admitted that she lied about the whole thing and she made the marks herself. She was drunk and she had a "blackout" episode. Well my brother got a lawyer and he is going to court tomorrow. My brother really loves his wife and We stand behind him no matter what he chooses, even if we don't think it is a good idea. His lawyer got the protective order modified and they have been going to counseling. They have court tomorrow and my brother and his wife went and saw his lawyer today to talk about court tomorrow. His lawyer wants him to take a plea agreement the prosecutor offered him of probation and battered spouses cles. My brother says no because it would be admitting guilt. My sister in law is telling his lawyer it didn't happen and she doesn't want him to be charged. Now they have to go to court tomorrow and the lawyer wants her to be there. He says that if my brother doesn't accept the plea then it could be worse for him in front of a jury. My question is, could she be held for false informing or perjury? I mean she was drunk at the time, yes my brother is stupid for taking her back. But they did have a bad issue with drinking quite a bit, and that HAS stopped and they have been perfectly happy since they got back together at the end of July. But my brother is freaking out because he doesn't want to be charged and he doesn't want her to get into any trouble either. His attorney says that if it goes to trial then he HAS to defend my brother, therefore he would have to make is wife look bad. So has anyone been in a situation like this...should my brother worry or not?? I know It is a long story but just looking for maybe some advice for him before he goes and gets the book thrown at him.! Thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment